CASES Meeting Notes, Wednesday 29th September, 7pm – 9pm
Presentation from Jaan Boersma – Jaan presented on engineered geothermal energy. For future discussion – what action can we take as a group to promote geothermal energy?
Reports on events
- Sustainable House Day – Leeanne and Greg opened their home to 70 visitors. ‘Twas a fun and successful day, thanx to the three volunteer helpers!
- Randwick Ecoliving Fair – The group felt the fair was successful in engaging children (kid’s corner), signing up new members (35) and getting signatures for the 100% Renewables campaign. The 100% Renewables Conversation Cafe panel was a success as well, eruditely prosecuting the case.
- Eastern Suburbs Community College course – Greg and Tony completed Sustainable Futures course with Randwick Council. The course provided valuable facilitation skills to contribute to future CASES activities.
CASES vision and strategy
- Suggestion from last meeting was that we have a planning day. Further planning on google group led by Tony and Greg.
Engaging with our membership/group building
- Social events: Late Oct Early November BBQ idea, and 6-monthly BBQ – Suggestion to run a social event.
- Members survey – timing will depend on when the survey is ready.
- NSW climate groups meet up on Wed 6th Oct, 6-9pm. Is anybody interested in participating? Action: at this stage no one is able to participate in person, but some members will investigate “phone in” option.
- CANA workshop on post-election planning, Friday 22nd Oct, 9am – 5pm. Is anybody interested in participating?
- Waverley Council invites us to have a stall and participate in “Fixit Fest” at Bondi Beach on Sat 13th November. Waverley Council to be advised that we cannot have a stall due to other commitments, but can promote the event and provide leaflets/resources.
- Request to support Camp for Climate Action, 1-5 December – CASES has been invited to 1) promote the Camp; 2) sell raffle tickets to raise funds; and 3) officially endorse the Camp. Action: vote at the next meeting so that members have time to research and decide.
This was enjoyed by all was both inspirational and fun. – Tony